Development of strategies to adapt the wine sector to climate change in the medium and long term, Vineyards Integrated Smart Climate Application
Vineyards Integrated Smart Climate Application (VISCA) is a new R&D&I project co-financed under the Horizon 2020 Programme for a period of 4 years. The aim is to make the wine industries in Southern Europe resistant to climate change, minimising costs and risks through improved production management.
- Design strategies for adaptation to climate change in the medium and long term.
- Address the needs of the wine industry in terms of adaptation and planning measures.
- Improve production management (quality and quantity of the final product).
- Validate the VISCA project in Spain, Italy and Portugal.
- Integrate climate, agricultural and end-user specifications.
- Leadership of a complex consortium and contribution of scientific capacities in the fields of classical meteorology and climate change .
- Development and supply of weather forecasting services for extreme events.
- Prediction of high-impact weather variables.
- Implementation of a deterministic high resolution forecast using the WRF and GEFS model.
- Delivery of climate information on a multidecadal scale.
The VISCA project has been a benchmark for the wine industry in the area of environmental adaptation and planning measures in the medium and long term
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Tell us what you need and we will contact you as soon as possible.